October 29, 2007
Pasta : Dolce Vita with fresh basil
A quick delicious pasta recipe
Pasta of your choice: 250 gms
Olive oil : 2 teaspoon
Tomatoes chopped : 2
Fresh Ginger : 1 inch
Fresh Garlic : 2-3 pods
Fresh Green or red chillies : 2-4
Basil leaves : 5-10
Dried Herbs of your choice
Grated Cheddar cheese for garnishing
Salt to taste
1. Boil enough water to completely dip the uncooked pasta completely. Add a pinch of salt, dash of olive oil and the uncooked pasta to the boiling water. Let pasta cool al dente for about 5-8 minutes. Make sure pasta does not overcook. Use a sieve to drain the water, and lightly toss the pasta under cold running water. Keep aside.
2. Put chillis, garlic, ginger, basil leaves and tomatoes in a hand grinder, and mash them into a nice soft salsa pulp. Add in the dried herbs and salt. You can use an electric blender for quick results.
3. Add olive oil in a deep pan, add the fresh salsa pulp and toss lightly.
4. Add the cooked pasta and stir carefully so as not to break the pasta.
5. Turn off heat, and serve hot, topped with grated cheese and garlic bread.
- You can use the salse pulp as a dip with tortilla chips, fresh basil smells and tastes great.
- If available, replace dried herbs with fresh ones for better flavor.
Posted by Pallavi Limaye