April 25, 2007
Breakfast or snacks: Poha
Have some poha and tea..
Poha/Flattened rice : 1 cup
Onions, finely chopped : 1-2
Roasted peanuts : 10-12
Green chillies, chopped : 1 or 2
Peas : 1/2 cup (optional)
Mustard seeds : 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder : 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder : 1 teaspoon (optional)
Refined oil : 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice : 1 tablespoon
Curry leaves : 4-6
A pinch of sugar
Salt to taste
Coriader leaves for garnish
1. Lightly wash the poha in water, and drain all water.
2. Sprinkle chilli powder, a pinch of sugar and salt over the drained poha.
2. Heat the oil in a deep pan, add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
3. Add the curry leaves, peanuts, chopped green chillies and chopped onions and roast till onion turns golden brown.
4. Add the turmeric powder and stir well.
5. Add the peas(washed) and cover with lid till peas are cooked.
6. When peas are cooked, add the poha mixture and mix lightly without breaking poha.
7. Partially cover with the lid and let the flavours to be absorbed into the poha.
9. Turn off heat, add the lemon juice and serve hot topped with chopped coriander leaves or lemon slice.
- You can add coriander powder along with turmeric powder, if coriander leaves are not available.
Posted by Pallavi Limaye