March 30, 2007
Mutter pulav : Peas rice
Peas and rice, yummy!
Steam cooked Basmati rice : 2 cups
Onions : 1 or 2
Green chillies : 1 or 2
Peas : 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds : 1 teaspoon
Cloves : 1 to 3
Pepper seeds : 1 to 3
Cinnamon stick : 1
Cashew nuts : 3 to 4
Raisins : 3 to 4
Ginger garlic paste : 1 teaspoon
Clarified butter(Ghee) : 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
1. Heat the ghee in a non stick pan, add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and roast till it turns golden brown.
3. Add the pepper, cloves and cinnamon stick. Add the raisins and cashewnuts.
4. Add chopped green chillies and onions and stir till onions turn golden brown.
5. Dash in the washed peas, stir and cover with a lid. No water is required.
6. When peas are cooked, add salt to taste and mix well.
7. Add in the cooked rice and mix lightly without breaking the rice.
8. Cover with lid and let the flavours to be absorbed into the rice.
9. Turn off heat and serve the peas pulav with curry or curd.
- You can add chopped carrots and corn along with peas for a mixed vegetable pulav.
Posted by Pallavi Limaye