February 16, 2007
Ratale cha khees - Grated Sweet potato dish
Fasting for Mahashivratri? Then heres one yummy Maharashtrian dish! Goes great with curd too!
Sweet potatoes : 2 Medium sized
Ghee(clarified butter): 1 tbspoon
Green chilies : 4
Peanut powder : 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds : 2 tsp
salt and sugar : to taste
Lemon juice : 2 tsp
Coriander leaves and Coconut for garnishing
1. Wash, peel and finely grate sweet potatoes.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds.
3. When they start crackling, add cut chilies and fry.
4. Add the grated sweet potatoes into the pan. Stir occasionally and keep covered till they turn soft.
5. Remove the lid, add peanut powder, salt, sugar, lemon juice and mix well.
6. Turn off heat and garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves. Serve with curd.
- If you do not have cumin seeds, for any dish, you can add cumin powder too.
- Peanut powder : Roast peanuts in a pan till they become crunchy, and then grind them in a mixie without removing the peanut cover.
Posted by Pallavi Limaye