February 08, 2007
Quick Sweets - Rava Ladoo
A mouthful of sweet!
Semolina(rava) : 1 cup
Ghee(clarified butter): 2 tbspoon
Milk : 1/4th cup
Sugar: 3/4th cup
Cardomom powder : 2 pinch
Slightly crushed cashewnuts, raisins : For added zing
1. Heat ghee in a deep saucepan
2. Dash in crushed cashewnuts and raisins and stir
3. Add the rava (semolina) and stir till it turns slightly brown.
4. Add the sugar and stir for a few minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and add the cardomom powder
6. Add half the milk and mix well
7. Wet hands in the remaining milk, take a small portion of the mixture and press into the shape of a ball.
- The milk added to mixture should be slightly warm or at room temperature.
- If the mixture becomes hard, slightly warm it with a dash of milk.
- Its best to store ladoos in the refrigerator, and consume within 10-15 days
Posted by Pallavi Limaye